Monday, April 26, 2010

Again, I'm sure I'm the worst blogger ever.

So it's been exactly 4 months and 1 day since my last post. Shit! I am the worst blogger in the world. Alright, my bad guys. I don't even know if anyone reads this. Anyway, so much has happened in the last 4 months and 1 day. I started my internship with the Bayerisches Landesamt für Denkmalpflege (the Bavarian State Conservation Office for you English speakers haha) on the 1st of April. I LOVE it there! The people I work with are so nice to me and it's really chill and laidback there. I come in basically when I can and I'm pretty much in charge of what I do. If I don't have anything to do then I find someone and just ask them what there is to be done. It's great. I hear and speak German all day with actual Germans so it's really helpful. Lately I've been archiving all these slides from archaeological excavations; I like it. So...what else should I highlight about what's been going on in D'land? Hm...well last month (March) Starkbierfest occured during Lent and that was cool. I went to Paulaner am Nockherberg 3 times during Starkbierfest and let me tell you, that Starkbier is Stark! I only had 2 Maß and I was fine and dandy. The last time I went my friend Shannyn came with me and we ended up making friends with an older Bavaria couple who shared their radishes with us and talked to us the whole time. They were adorable. And then Frühlingsfest began on the 16th and I went the day it opened. I finally bought a Dirndl so I wore that and I looked adorable and so very Bavarian of course. I went into the Augustiner tent and it was so much fun. It's basically a smaller version of Oktoberfest but it's much calmer and there are hardly any tourists which is great. However the day that I went there just so happened to be three big groups of loud, obnoxious Americans around us; they ended up breaking about 6 Maß-Krugs and one Weißbier glass. Ridiculous.

I also started my second semester (finally, I know haha) on the 19th. As of now I'm going to 9 classes (I know, I know, that's a ton of classes) but I'm only taking 4 for credit; I'm going to the others for the sake of learning some interesting, new things. The weather has finally become very nice (well except for today; it rained). I've definitely noticed a change in the demeanor of the people all around me because of the weather; everyone is much happier. It makes sense that nice weather makes people happy. During my 2 month (yes, 2 month!!) Semesterferien (semester break) I traveled to Cork and Dublin, Ireland; Budapest, Hungary; and Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Those were my three big trips during the break. I also took a day trip to Rothenburg which is a lovely and cute medieval city in the northern part of Bavaria. I also booked a trip to London in July; I'm going there about 3 weeks before I fly back to the U.S.A. I'm super excited because I'm planning on visiting the Sutton Hoo site and seeing the finds from that site at the British Museum. I know, I'm such a nerd. :)

I've made some friends with the Sommer Semester JYMers; they got here towards the end of March I think. They're really cool; yay for more friends! Hm...what else can I say? I don't feel like going into every single, little detail of what I've been up to because I'm lazy and that would take forever. I've kept up with my journal so at least I've written everything down somewhere haha. I really can't believe that I've been here for a little moe than 7 months; I only have about 3 months left - sehr traurig! This experience has flown by; it's crazy! I'm planning on getting one of the two tattoos that I've planned to get here in Munich next month; the second will be in June. I'm really excited for them because I've wanted more tattoos ever since I got my first one. I need to check out this one tattoo place called Medusa; a friend told me about it - it's where she's getting her's. They look pretty legit; hopefully my tats won't be super expensive but even if they are I'm still getting them. They aren't that detailed or big but we'll see. Well, I'm done with the updates. Again, I'm just living my life, doing my thing, and things are going great. I'm going to make the best of my last 3 months here because I know it's going to be so hard to leave. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment