Monday, September 14, 2009

On the eve of my departure...

Well technically since it's after midnight it's the day of my departure but I'll just forget the technicalities for now lol. Anyway, I can't exactly describe how I'm feeling right now. I'm tired but I'm too excited and nervous to sleep (which explains this blog). I said goodbye to my best friend today and it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Yes, I cried a little but I'm better now because I know she'll be OK and I know that she's happy for me. I know I'll probably get much more emotional at the airport when I say bye to my parents and sister though; I just know that's gonna be hard.

It's so weird that this day has finally come. I remember counting down back in January when it was t-minus 9 months and now it's just a matter of hours. I'm extremely nervous about my level of German as I fear it's not good enough but I'm trying my best to keep positive. I'm really beyond happy and excited about this whole experience but I still have that natural nervousness that comes with this type of thing. I know it's gonna be a huge adjustment at first but I'm gonna just jump in head first and hope I swim if you know what I mean. I know my family and friends will be fine while I'm gone and I know they're all very happy for me so that's comforting. I'm trying to not think about all the things I'll miss (like the birth of my niece and my brothers' graduation for example). I know that this is going to be an amazing experience; one that not many people get to have and I thank God for this opportunity and I know He'll guide me through this successfully and next year I'll come back to America with new experiences to share and a new perspective on the world I'm sure.

So I think I'll attempt to get some sleep. Auf Wiedersehen America. See you in July 2010. Bis dann, much love. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment